Monday, October 24, 2005

The Streets of Fallujah (April 2004)

to the tune of "The Streets of Laredo"

As I wandered out on the streets of Fallujah
I spied six Iraqis a-burning our flag
Their children were armed with grenades & Katyushas
I said to myself, "Occupation's a drag."

As I was a-guardin' a convoy on Sunday
My Sarge was blown up, they extended my tour,
My best buddy died in an ambush last Monday,
Glad our "Mission's Accomplished," and we’ve won the war.

So beat the drum slowly for the brave coalition,
Play the dead march as they toss in their cards,
Dig in for the long brutal war of attrition,
For I'm a young cowboy in the National Guard.

Beg six NATO allies to shore up our quagmire,
Spring six Ba'athist Generals from prison today,
Send six more battallions, I'm caught in the crossfire,
And cough up that $25 billion to pay.

Oh drape the flag sadly o'er our soldiers' caskets.
Play the dead march for our nation's good name.
Send men to replace those who come home in baskets.
Don't admit you screwed up, you can outsource the blame.

No drums or dead marches for uncounted civilians
They killed some of ours, so we’re strafing the town.
We’re just a few good guys against all those millions,
And they all look the same, so just hose ‘em all down.

Beat the drum slowly for the ravelling mission
Shed crocodile tears, all you brave Chickenhawks
For the dead, sacrificed to imperial ambition,
For the shattered young Guardsman sent home in a box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home